Thursday, April 7, 2011

On the Road Again....this time to The Tattered House in Roseville for a front yard Annie Sloan Workshop

It's been a crazy week and it isn't over yet. I have last minute things to do, like packing up materials for the workshop as well as packing up for me, there is always morning right?

I want to show you some lovely pieces of furniture created in a workshop. Also some great pieces that need to go to a workshop to become lovely. Always think "paint and what can I do to re purpose and bring a new life to a tired piece of furniture.

add some molding

use two or even three colors to capture the character

don't forget, gilding can add a lot for a "punch"

You can always paint what you "see" before you begin your project, that way you have a plan

and remember....architectural pieces need re purpose too and add interest in areas

dated pieces of honey oak - before

after....is there oak in there or is it cherry?
again.....before

after...a whole new office including the old oak desk

Furniture needs new life too, just get out your brushes and paint. You can't go wrong with our Chalk Paint and techniques, if you don't like what is happening, STOP and begin again. Painting saves you hours of "therapy".


Paint!

Have a great week a head and I'll be back after my adventure in Roseville and R&R with my camera.

Be sure and check my website www.houseofanne.net next on the 15th, 16th and 17th for a "tax day special".

2 comments:

Serendipity Antiques said...

We love the grey painted nightstand/end table! The "new" neutral is a plae grey, according to Martha and Rachel ;-) Hope your workshop doesn't get rained on this weekend. Enjoy!

Alyssa said...

I LOVE the french distressed 'look' in the second photo! Please tell me what colors you used to create the effect? I live Missouri and can't make it to a workshop. You just use a wet washcloth to to reveal the old country white(?) beneath the paris gray? Do you rub off while the gray is still wet or when it's dry? Thank you for your time. All the best