Thursday, June 2, 2011

Calling all Chalk Paint Addicts ...the 25th follower that leaves a COMMENT gets a prize...read on

Who would have thought that a 9 x 12 space, I called "the room" could have held so much stuff. UGH. Oh well, I moved everything out of that room and into a wonderful "the big room" which overlooks a golf course 9th tee box, and has lots of windows and three door ways.

serene view and oh how I love the green and flowers in this HOT climate

I showed you a photo of the beginning.....well now I'll show you the wall ALMOST done...I still have to move stuff out of the way and to a place it belongs...but you can see the "happenings" taking place. Now note, I am not going for a French look. As much as I love all the beautiful soft colors our Chalk Paint offers, I have decided to go the bold, primary colors because I want to STIMULATE my workshop participants and I want to be STIMULATED myself when I walk into my "room" with a
cup of coffee, turn on the music and get to be creative all by myself.

the beginning

the "in between"....not finished yet....Arles and Aubusson Blue

Note the sweet little re fridge......cute don't you think? It is stocked with necessary beverage, lots of water and just a weeeee bit of the law/rule of
California workshops, champagne. Annie learned this law quite quickly when she was here in March and a special bottle is waiting for her return.

I love it!

One other thing I want to show you is my most prize possession in "the big room"....my work table.....I covered it with brown paper but I tried to get up
under it to show you the 5" butcher block and steel frame. This table came out
of a real butcher shop in Ramona and on both sides of the table there are two
indentures where the butchers did their thing...chop, chop, cut, cut.
Don't you just love it......and notice my two sweet French bar stools for me to sit on and just dream

Ok...enough of my "the big room" in progress...more to come and hopefully be finished over the weekend.

While I'm getting things organized painting goes on...take a look at these
chairs in progress.....

in the beginning.....
In the MIDDLE.....Chateau Grey.....the fabric has to go!

Kim from Truly Tattered in Tustin and Debbie Cooper, 'roundthecoop' and an Annie Sloan Mini-stockist joined in for some "play with product" and an afternoon of fun.
Provence on the outside....Henrietta on the inside
It turned out sweet and weathered
California....wine rack by Debbie

One more thing I want to show you done with Chalk Paint....it sticks to almost everything....have you heard that before....how about, no stripping, sanding or priming? Well it's TRUE.
Scandinavian pink shadow box in progress......a ugly old brass lamp marbled in Scan. Pink and of course a two toned cabinet in Old White and Duck Egg Blue....fun, fun, fun.

So as you see.....work a little organizing a new work room....paint alot and still have people wanting to learn and create. I love it.

Now I said in my Title that the 25th follower that makes a comment gets a prize. I love hearing from you and as a California Stockistfor Annie Sloan Chalk Paints I will give you a Chalk Paint Kit, which includes, three cans of paint, a book, a wax brush and two tins of wax.
Let the comments begin. I'm going to offer something free every week so start sending me your comments and photos you have of projects you have done.


Not only have I been working on my move....I have been shipping lots of paint and answering tons of phone calls. I've also been getting ready for workshops, one on the 11th at Melanie Royals Studio in Chula Vista with Mini-stockist Kari Saupstad, and another workshop on the 17th at Urban Barn in Escondido and later that evening a work shop in Tustin, "girls night out" with Mini-stockist Debbie Cooper. WaaHooo.

My next post I am going to post my Summer schedule and I hope some of you can come join in all the "paint that is going to be flying". I also want to encourage everyone that can, to come join us in September for a UK trip to visit 2nd hand shops, antique shops, Annie Sloan and a huge flea market. We still have a few
open spaces. Again...next post I will post all activities, destination Chalk Paint Workshops, events, workshops local and with Mini-Stockists in Southern California.

I welcome today, Andrea Young, our newest  Mini-Stockist from Riverside. You go girl!
Andrea Young

I'm going to say farewell for now.....I'll be counting to 25.....and I'll be back with the winner and calendar of Chalk Paint "happenings" in Southern California...ok, in Northern California too and Washington State too.
Arf, arf from Amos and Gus too as they watch me get organized outside my workroom door.


28 comments:

Lori said...

Does it count if I leave 25 comments in a row??? Seriously... I'm tempted!!! Lol!!!

Vicki Shoemaker said...

OK - I'm going to get the comments going! Love the space. Love your view...almost as much as mine! LOL But love, love, love all the space and the color!! So much fun! Very southern CA!! So when DO you sleep??? Looking forward to our Paint 'N' The Wine Country Annie Sloan Chalk Paint Workshop EVENTS!! WOOHOO!

Autumn Rujiraviriyapinyo said...

Anne~ it is so exciting to see your room coming along! I can't wait to make it over to your website to check out what you have scheduled for the summer. What a wonderful giveaway! Someone is going to be a lucky gal or guy!!!

Lori said...

ahhhh...I just realized you weren't posting comments as they are submitted! I thought I was having a blonde moment there.... Lol! Anyway, please let me win! I love this paint!!!! :)

Michelle said...

This stuff looks AH-mazing. I am just dying to try it and have the perfect vintage buffet for it!

Lori said...

Ok Ms. Anne, the suspense is killing me! Surely you have 25 comments by now??? Lol! Can u tell I really want this paint???

Lori said...

I am SO going to have to paint my little refrigerator in my office now!!!! Why have I never thought of that???

Lori said...

I sure hope there is not a limit to the number of comments one can leave.... I think this is only 5 or 6 for me?? Lol! Anyway I am sitting here scrolling through and noticing new things each time. I am very envious of your workroom. My dream is to do this full time one day, but I have a long way to go! Until then, I will just enjoy your work!!!

Donna said...

You inspire me!

Stinkycheese and Olivejuice said...

My goal for 2011 is to attend a class to learn more about this great paint! California may be the closest one I've heard of to Alaska.... Might have to check that out! Love Love the paint!!
Nancie

Stinkycheese and Olivejuice said...

Maybe if I keep leaving comments, I'll hit 25..? :-)

wishing, hoping, praying...

Holly @ BeachCoveJewelry said...

Ooh I would love to win, I have been dying to try chalk paint :) I have the perfect dresser sitting in my garage waiting for a paint job!

Stinkycheese and Olivejuice said...

I just won a beautiful 1940's hutch at a local auction yesterday! I have to order more Chalk Paint to finish it! I'll be taking pics and posting the before's this weekend! it's such a beautiful piece... it's a little scary to paint it. Up to this point i've only done small side-tables...

Lori said...

Not there yet??? :)

Lori said...

Hope you're not tired of seeing my face on here yet! One of my best traits is that I am very determined!!!

Lori said...

One of my worse traits is that I am very impatient!!!! LOL!

Lori said...

Thanks for the link to Truly Tattered! I love new places to get my furniture fix! I tried to leave a comment on her blog though and it wasn't working. Guess I'll try again later!

Katie said...

Oh, how I wish I were #25 for this. I saw this antique buffet on Craigslist for $50, and I am just dying to use the Old White to paint it. I have a pink/white craft room that I want to put it in, and this look would be oh-so-perfect!

Lori said...

Time for an update Ms. Anne! Are we there yet...are we there yet???

Stinkycheese and Olivejuice said...

Still watching.... only a few more to go!!

Stinkycheese and Olivejuice said...

Ok, i gotta keep up with Lori! i'm posting again!

Muddaritaville said...

I think it's getting close, if I post a few times do I win?

Joanne

Muddaritaville said...

I am dying to try this paint, I'll send you lots of before and afters!
I'll even pay for shipping since I am in Canada.

Is it 25 yet?

Jo

Muddaritaville said...

I want to paint my kitchen island ...

Muddaritaville said...

And I want to paint some Adirondack chairs, and my coffee table ...
Is it 25 yet?

Jo

Muddaritaville said...

Oh, and I will blog about it!

Jo

Muddaritaville said...

OK so I'm Blonde and didn't realize Lori had posted comments on another post too ... darn. Congrats Lori. I hope you share pics of the items you paint. Now I have to figure out if I have a chair I want to make over.

Jo

Unknown said...

I think it's past #25, but I just wanted to say thanks for hosting a givaway...how fun!