Thursday, May 26, 2011

Befores.....and Afters.......Do you think I have a passion for PAINT and COLOR?

I have had the chance today to actually sit in front of my computer and go through the thousands of photo's I seem to be collecting. I came across this one and had to laugh......

Three months worth of paint projects.....Chalk Paint and a private label for Designer Annette Tatum

I then found the old laundry basket that I turned upside down and made a great
'paint brush' chandelier......
Laundry basket upside down and minus the wheels
How cute is this
to heck with crystals....dipped wooden paint brushes make a beautiful sound in the wind


And then, remember the old orchard ladder that I was waiting for to 'speak to me', well it finally spoke
Before

After

Pickets before

Pickets as a 24 colored fence

If you haven't figured out by now I am addicted to Annie Sloan Chalk Paint and color. I am finding out though there are plenty others like me "out there"too, we are a special breed and the world needs us!

This weekend I am moving from 'the room' which has been a perfect little place to give my workshops into a much larger space although I'll still call it 'the room'.
I have a view of a golf course as I teach our wonderful techniques as well as sometimes lock myself inside to just do what I love to do....PAINT all alone, with music playing and creative juices flowing.  If you haven't had a chance to try our Chalk Paint and Waxes or taken a workshop, you owe it to yourself to grab a brush and just do it.

I wish you all a wonderful Memorial Weekend....enjoy each moment and remember our soldiers who gave their lives so that we could enjoy.

One of many photo's I have taken of our flag
Have a 'ball' this weekend



2 comments:

Phyllis said...

You have come a long way in a short period of time. I love your ideas and your passion. It comes through in flying colors (literally). Have a lovely and relaxing weekend. I would love to visit your "room" one of these days!

Ginger said...

Hi Anne,

OK, so I haven't even seen the paint in person, and I am already addicted. I am attending the Girl's Night with Debbie and I hear that you are going to be there too. What a treat.

We were on the way home from church on Sunday, and on the side of road (in San Fernando Valley) was this beautiful old weathered ladder. We put it up the middle isle of my trusty mini-van, with me saying to the kiddos, "don't touch it will give you splinters."

What in the world am I going to do with it? I love your ladder.

See you Friday!
Ginger Z. 818-700-1721